The Venmo balance can be used as your payment method instead of a bank account when processing your payment. Similarly, insufficient funds in your bank account are automatically deducted from your Venmo balance.
You can add money to your Venmo balance by transferring money from Venmo to PayPal or Apple Pay through our quick guide.
How To Use Venmo Balance Instead Of Bank Account?
It is required that you have a verified Venmo identity before you can use your Venmo balance instead of your bank account. Instead of a bank account, Venmo balance can be manually selected as the payment method when finalizing the payment.
An insufficient balance in your bank account is automatically transferred to your Venmo balance.
You can pay with Venmo in three different ways.
- If you want to use your debit card as a payment method, you can link it to Venmo. Most debit cards are supported by Venmo
- The user can also link their bank account in addition to the bank-associated debit card. To submit, simply click here
- Having no bank account or debit card is not an issue. Venmo can still be used for transactions. Transactions can be made using Venmo balance as a payment method.
How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Your Card?
The use of Venmo balance rather than your credit card is easy. You can pay with Venmo balance by selecting the ‘Payment Method’ option at the bottom of the app screen and changing it to ‘Venmo Balance’.
Before using your Venmo balance feature, make sure your account has been verified.
Why Can’t I Send Money From My Venmo Balance?
It is possible that you are wondering why you cannot send money from your Venmo balance despite having a Venmo account.
Venmo balances cannot be used to send money for the following reasons
If you have access to Venmo balance:
- It is likely that you spent some funds to make a payment. Your Venmo account may have incurred a negative balance since you used some of the money to cover it.
If you don’t have access to Venmo balance:
- You have not yet verified your Venmo account. Until verification has been completed, Venmo balances cannot be used to make Venmo payments until they have been received. As a result, your Venmo payment will appear on your bank statement and not on your balance.
The first part of this post explained how to use Venmo balance instead of your bank account.
As for how to send money from your Venmo balance, we provided a detailed guide in the following part.