Are you looking for an easy and secure way to move money around? Venmo is a great tool for transferring funds quickly, but what about when you need to send money to Apple Pay? With both services becoming more popular with their users, it can be daunting trying to figure out the best way to complete this task. Luckily, we have all the information you need right here on how to easily transfer money from Venmo to Apple Wallet.
Keep reading and get ready for all your money-sending needs.
Can You Transfer Money From Venmo to Apple Pay?
Venmo does not currently have a direct integration with Apple Pay, so you cannot transfer money directly from your Venmo account to your Apple Pay account. However, you can still send money from Venmo to someone else who has an Apple Pay account by following these steps:
- Open the Venmo app on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Tap the “Pay” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in the name or phone number of the person you want to send money. If they are in your Venmo contacts, you can simply select their name from the list.
- Enter the amount of money you want to send and tap “Next.”
- Review the payment details and tap “Pay” to complete the transaction.
The person you sent the money to will receive a notification through Venmo that they have received a payment, and they can then use their own Apple Pay account to transfer the money from their Venmo account to their Apple Pay account.
It’s important to note that you will need to have a linked bank account or credit card in your Venmo account in order to send money. If you do not have a bank account or credit card linked to your Venmo account, you will not be able to send money.
How To Transfer From Venmo To Apple Pay in 2023?
1. Link Your Debit Card to Apple Pay
- Click on the plus button in the upper right corner of your Apple Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Link your debit card by following the on-screen instructions. Card information can be manually entered or scanned using the camera.
- Test the instant transfer feature by making a $1 transfer once your card is added. In the event that you cannot use the instant transfer feature, you can contact your bank for assistance.
Your bank account can also be linked directly to Apple Pay. The bank processes all transfers within 1-3 business days.
2. Link Your Debit Card to Venmo
Let’s switch gears to the Venmo side of things!
- Select the Venmo ☰ icon at the upper left-hand corner of the Venmo app on your phone.
- Select “Payment Methods” from the “Settings” menu.
- Tap on “Bank” after selecting “Add a Bank or Card.”
- In the next step, you must enter the routing and account numbers for your bank account.
- You will need to verify your bank account once you have linked it. Once you download the Venmo app, you’ll be guided through the whole process within a few minutes.
3. Transfer Money From Your Venmo Balance to Your Bank Account
Adding money to your bank account from your Venmo balance is quite simple.
Venmo balances can be transferred to your bank account by following these steps:
- The Venmo app can be accessed by pressing the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- Tap on “Transfer Balance” and then “Transfer to Bank.”
- You will need to specify the amount you wish to transfer, and once you have made your selection, you will need to click on “Transfer ”.
4. Spend Money From the Linked Bank Account Through Apple Pay
Your Venmo balance has now been transferred to your bank account! Venmo allows you to replenish your account whenever you run out of funds.
In order to help you make sense of your money, let’s rewind a bit.
This bank account has already been added directly to Apple Pay or a debit card linked to the same bank account as the Venmo transfer has already been used. All supported vendors accept Apple Pay, so you can start spending money right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer money from Venmo to Apple Pay directly?
No, Venmo does not currently have a direct integration with Apple Pay, so you cannot transfer money directly from your Venmo account to your Apple Pay account. However, you can still send money from Venmo to someone else who has an Apple Pay account, as described in my previous response.
It is not currently possible to transfer money directly from your Venmo account to your Apple Pay account. However, you can still send money from Venmo to someone else who has an Apple Pay account, and they can then transfer the money from their Venmo account to their Apple Pay account. To send money from Venmo to another person, you will need to have a linked bank account or credit card in your Venmo account. There may be fees associated with transferring money from your Venmo account to your bank account or using a credit card to make a payment on Venmo.