Venmo is a popular mobile app that allows users to transfer money between friends and family members. One of the great features of Venmo is that you can use a virtual card to make online purchases. If you’ve lost your Venmo card, misplaced it, or had it stolen, you may be wondering how to get a new one. Luckily, it’s a pretty easy process! Here’s everything you need to know.
Reasons for Ordering a New Venmo Card
Ordering a new Venmo card can be beneficial for a number of reasons. There are several common reasons for this:
- Misplaced Card: The possibility of losing a wallet containing your Venmo card isn’t out of the question.
- Damaged Card: When Venmo cards are bent, crushed, burned, drowned, or otherwise damaged, they can be damaged.
- Stolen Card: If your card is stolen, you will need to deactivate the old one as well as order a replacement.
- Expiring Card: Venmo cards may expire soon, which is a much less dramatic reason to replace them.
Replacing a Stolen Venmo Debit Card
Deactivating the Card
The first step to deactivating your Venmo Debit Card is to:
- Open the Venmo app.
- Select “Cards” from the tabs.
- Click on “Venmo Debit Card.”
- Click on the image of your card.
- You can disable the card by clicking the option.
If your Venmo debit card has been stolen, it is important to deactivate the card as soon as possible in order to prevent unauthorized charges. You can do this by going to the “Card” section in your app and selecting “Report Lost or Stolen Card.”Requesting a Replacement CardOnce you have deactivated the stolen card, you can request a replacement by following the same steps for ordering a new card (found in the “Card” section of your app). To protect your account from future theft or fraud, consider setting up two-factor authentication and regularly reviewing your transaction history for any suspicious activity.
How To Get Money Out Of a Frozen Venmo Account?
Can You Add Venmo to Google Pay?
Venmo Lost Connection With Bank plaid
Permanently Closing the Card
In some cases, it may be necessary to close the card account permanently. This can be done by contacting Venmo’s customer support team. Keep in mind that this will also close any active balance on the card and you will need to transfer it to a different funding source before closing the account. Additionally, if you have any recurring payments linked to the card, you will need to update them with a new payment method. It is important to take these steps in order to ensure the safety and security of your Venmo account.
Ordering a New Venmo Card (step-by-step guidance)
Venmo Credit Cards can be replaced by Synchrony Bank if they are lost, stolen, or damaged. Call 855-878-6462 to reach them. If you prefer, you can submit the form we mentioned earlier.
- Open the Venmo App & Login.
- Go to the “Card” section in your Venmo app Home.
- Select “Order Replacement Card”.
- Confirm your shipping address.
- Your new card should arrive within 7-10 business days.
- Note that there is a replacement fee for lost or stolen cards.
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact Venmo’s customer support team.
- Consider setting up two-factor authentication and regularly reviewing your transaction history to protect your account from future theft or fraud.
Expiring Venmo Debit Cards
Within 60 days of your current Venmo Mastercard expiring, a new card will automatically be sent to you with updated expiration dates. If your card has been lost or stolen before it expires, follow the steps above to request a replacement. Keep in mind that any recurring payments linked to your Venmo debit card will need to be updated with the new card information.
If you have any additional questions about replacing or renewing your Venmo debit card, contact their customer support team for assistance.
When ordering a new Venmo Debit card, you want to change your address on both the card and the shipment. So you need to submit the following documents to the support team.
- Unexpired driver license
- Unexpired U.S. government-issued ID
- Bank, credit card, or 401K/brokerage statement (from the past 12 months)
- Utility bill (gas, electric, cable, internet, or phone from the past 12 months)
- W2 or paystub (from the past 12 months)
- Lease for residence (dated in the past 12 months)
- Current car registration (dated in the past 12 months)
- IRS letter (dated in the past 12 months)
Before sending documents to the support team make sure that pictures of documents are clear and easy to readable.
How to Add a Gift Card to Venmo?
Frequently Asked Question
How can I get the Venmo Debit Card?
The Venmo debit card can be requested through the “Card” section in your app. You will need to have a verified identity and an available balance on your Venmo account in order to request the card. There is no cost for the card itself, but there may be fees associated with certain types of transactions. For more information, check out the Venmo debit card FAQs or contact their customer support team. Note that the Venmo card is currently only available to users in the US.
How long will it take to get my Venmo Debit Card?
Once your request for a Venmo debit card is processed, it should arrive within 7-10 business days. If you do not receive it within this time frame, contact Venmo’s customer support team for assistance. Keep in mind that there may be delays due to factors such as inclement weather or holidays.
Venmo is a quick, easy way to send and receive payments with friends. If you have lost your card or had it stolen, don’t worry! You can easily replace it by following the steps we outlined above. Have you ever replaced a debit or credit card? What was your experience like? Let us know in the comments below.