Would you like to know how Venmo’s QR Code technology works? Check out the following step-by-step guide to learn how to do it.
With Venmo QR codes, you can find friends, add them, and pay them. In the Venmo app, open the scanner and place the camera over the “Venmo Me” QR code. You don’t have to tap! You will be directed to a friend’s profile page once you scan their code. In this section, you can add them as a friend, and send, or request funds. Additionally, you can share your “Venmo Me” QR code with a friend through email, text message, or social media.
About Venmo QR Codes
In 2017, Venmo added QR codes to its app. Venmo users, whether on personal or business profiles, have access to two kinds of features:
- In the first type of QR code, you can use “Venmo Me” to find friends and family.
- For in-store payments, there is a second option called “Show to Pay”.
QR codes allow you to pay other Venmo users without having to share their username, email, or phone number (if they are nearby).
The QR code can also be shared through email or text so that others can send you money more easily.
Ways You Can Use Your Venmo QR Code
Following a brief overview of Venmo QR codes, let’s explore some of their uses.
1. Add Friends
By using the Venmo QR code, you can add friends to your Venmo account more easily. In order to use the code this way, they will need to be nearby. Scanning their code will take you to their profile. Using their username will save you time and effort.
2. Share It
With Venmo QR codes, you can add your friends quickly. This will require them to be nearby in order for you to utilize your QR code in this manner. Fortunately, you can share the code as well. How can we do that?
- Install the Venmo app
- On the home screen, tap the “Scan” button
- The scanner will launch when you tap “Venmo Me”. Your QR code should be visible next to your profile picture
- The code can be shared either via email, text message, or printed
3. Pay In-Store
Using your Venmo QR code is also possible in department stores that accept Venmo as a payment method.
- On the home screen, tap “Scan” to begin using it
- Use your camera to scan the QR code from the store by following the onscreen instructions.
- Ensure that the transaction has been completed in the app once you have scanned the QR code.
Your “Show to Pay” QR code is used for making payments in-store, not your “Venmo Me” code.
Troubleshooting Your QR Code
Using the QR code feature might cause some issues with scanning. The following suggestions may help you fix the problem:
- Make sure you have an internet connection.
- Your phone’s camera should be accessible to Venmo.
- In iPhone, Settings > Privacy > Camera and enable camera for Venmo.
- In Android, go to Settings > Applications > Venmo > Permissions and enable the camera.
- Keep your Venmo app up-to-date
- If you’re paying a business, make sure you’re using the right QR code (“Show to Pay”).
You can easily add fellow Venmo users if they’re nearby with Venmo’s QR codes. At the bottom of the app’s home screen, you’ll see two types of Venmo accounts when you tap the “Scan” button.
QR codes can be used in a lot of ways, and if you have a business profile, you can accept payments easily.