All over the world, contactless and electronic payment methods are becoming more widely used. This array of payment methods includes Venmo in the United States. If you are a Venmo user and looking to pay at Gas Stations using Venmo, you are on the right post. Can you use Venmo for the Gas stations to pay bills? Yes, you can pay at gas stations using Venmo but there are a few intricacies you should be aware of, before using Venmo to pay at the gas pump.
Nowadays, many gas station chains are starting to accept more forms of payment. So, next time you fill up on gas, will you be able to pay using Venmo? This article will tell you all you need to know, so keep reading.
In case you don’t want to use a Venmo card, there are some gas stations that have apps that support Venmo wallet as a direct payment method.
Do Gas Stations Accept Venmo?
In short “Yes” When you make a purchase at a gas station that accepts online payments, you can use Venmo to pay.
Venmo is an option for some gas station apps, even if you do not have a Venmo wallet
What Gas Stations that Accept Venmo?
Venmo is now available at Chevron and Texaco gas stations, and the payment process is pretty straightforward.
You can use the Chevron app to make payments by linking your Venmo account.
1. Get Chevron App
- Chevron’s app is available for download. (You can download it from the Google Play store and the App store.)
- To sign up and create an account, enter your email address and phone number.
- Verify your account by entering the verification code.
2. Next, Link Your Venmo Account
- Navigate to the “Wallet” section of the Chevron app.
- Then click “Payment Methods.”
- Venmo can be linked as a payment method in the Chevron App by tapping the plus icon. You must first log into your Venmo account on your phone.
3. Purchase Fuel
- The app will display your geolocation when you select “Fuel” at the gas station. Click on “Confirm Location.”
- Click the confirmation button after selecting the gas pump number, entering the fuel capacity, and selecting Venmo as your payment method.
- You can begin fueling your car after the payment is authorized and the message “Begin Fueling” appears on your screen.
How To Pay For Gas Using Venmo QR Code?
The Venmo app lets you pay for gas by scanning QR codes on gas pumps. Simply open the Venmo app, tap Scan (found at the bottom of the home screen), scan the QR code, and confirm the payment.
You can use your Venmo QR code at the gas register if the pump’s QR code isn’t working.
- When you tap “Scan” in the Venmo app, you’ll see a button that says “Show to Pay”. If you do not see this button, you’ll need to update Venmo to the latest version.
- Confirm the transaction with the cashier by scanning the QR code.
Venmo QR codes are not accepted at all gas stations. Gas stations with a Mastercard logo will accept Venmo cards.
How to Use Venmo at Gas Stations That Don’t Accept It?
You can still pay for gas at a gas station if the Venmo app does not support direct payment.
1. Pay Using Venmo Card
If the gas station accepts Mastercard or Visa as a payment method, you can pay with a Venmo debit or credit card.
Pumping gas requires inserting your Venmo Card, entering your Pin, and waiting until the transaction is approved.
Using the Venmo debit card does not require you to transfer funds from your Venmo balance to it.
2. Pay Using PayPal
It’s not possible to transfer money directly between PayPal and Venmo, even though PayPal owns Venmo.
Using a bank account linked to both Venmo and PayPal, you can transfer money between these apps. Pay with PayPal at gas stations that accept PayPal to use the transferred money for gas.
Link Your Bank Account to PayPal
- You can link your PayPal account with banks and credit cards by selecting “Link,” then “Banks and Cards.”
- Then click “Agree and Link” after entering the required bank information.
- You will need to verify your account by completing the security check.
- When you confirm your bank account with PayPal, two small deposits will be made. You must enter the amounts of the deposits.
Link Your Bank Account To Venmo
- Go to your Venmo account’s “Settings”
- In the “Payment Methods” section, click the “Add a bank or credit card” button.
- Verify your account by entering the required information.
Send Money From Venmo to Bank
- In the Venmo app, click the “You” tab.
- To transfer an amount, tap “Add or Transfer” and enter the desired amount.
- Depending on your preference, you can transfer money either instantly (for a fee) or within 1-3 business days (without any fees).
Transfer Money to PayPal
- Select “Transfer Money” from PayPal again.
- Click on “Add money to your account.”
- Select a bank that is linked to Venmo.
- Tap Add after entering the transfer amount.
3. Pay Using Google Pay
Venmo debit cards can be linked directly to your Google Pay account, unlike PayPal. In order to pay at gas stations that accept Google Pay, follow these steps:
- Open Google Pay, scroll down, and click on “Payment Methods”.
- You can add payment methods by clicking on “Add Payment Methods.”
- Click Save after entering your Venmo debit card number, expiration date, and CVV number.
- Pay at the pump with Google Pay.